Digital Marketing and Social Media Specialist
Digital Marketing and Social Media Specialist
Grand Touring Automobiles is seeking to hire a Digital Marketing and Social Media Specialist. In this dynamic, fast-paced environment, the Digital Marketing and Social Media Specialist is primarily responsible for the day-to-day coordination, development and maintenance of all digital platforms including Grand Touring Automobile’s web site, Retailer web sites, social channels and CRM tools. This position is also responsible for supporting the sales team with key marketing initiatives across multiple luxury brands.
As a key member of the marketing team, the Digital Marketing Specialist collaborates with other members of the team to support various marketing projects and initiatives throughout the year, ensuring social media remains an integrated component of the overall marketing strategy to deliver business results.
The following position function statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. The position function statements reflect expectations of the fully trained, proficient incumbent who meets all performance criteria.
• Digital Platforms & Integrations (40%) - Coordinate and execute development of the GTA corporate and Retailer digital platforms including content management and associated content calendars:
• Updating and maintaining website content as required
• Develop and manage local content as necessary including but not limited to all brands, SEO, service, boutique, etc.
• Ensure all Digital Marketing is consistently branded and fully integrated with all consumer touch points.
• Co-ordinate with internal teams to support brand marketing
• Digital Channels (25%) - Manage the GTA branded social media channels, including overseeing the creation and tracking the performance of social media campaigns. Develop eCommunications for prospects and owners on an as needed basis for marketing and customer service programs. Coordinate and maintain Lead Management tools along with SEM and digital display activity on a regular basis.
• Sales Support (25%) – Support marketing project development under the direction of the General Manager:
• Support traditional marketing efforts by coordinating print, broadcast, and direct mail projects
• Support digital marketing efforts with retailer websites and digital campaigns for new car, pre-owned, and service marketing
• Assure the completion of assigned Marketing projects accurately, on budget and on time
• Attend and support all events and other marketing initiatives throughout the year
• Create all the photography and video content for inventory, website content and social media
• Co-op Marketing Claims - Ensure all OEM Marketing Policy requirements are met with the submission of invoices and proper back-up documents for reimbursement upon monthly deadlines.
• Digital Analytics (10%) - Provide online competitive research & analysis by leveraging internal and external resources to gather relevant industry benchmarks for website metrics, search, social media, mobile and other associated digital touchpoints.
The following qualification factors reflect the minimum skills and abilities required of the qualified applicant.
Knowledge: College or university degree. Minimum 3 years of digital marketing experience including related experience in:
• HTML knowledge and be IT/systems literate;
• using content management systems;
• strong understanding of best-practices in digital content strategies, brand digitization, and the digital development process;
• social media platforms for communications, including usage, best practices, and measurement;
• experience in growing social communities (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube)
• Excellent communications skills - present ideas in a clear concise way, both written and verbal
• Ability to work on tight deadlines, under pressure, with high standards of accuracy and quality control
• Exceptional organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects with tightly prescribed timelines; an understanding of information systems
• Demonstrate superior analytical skills
• Proficient in all MS Office applications
• Experience using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign is an asset
• Photography experience is an asset
Interpersonal Skills: This position requires continuous communication with several people (including Ad agencies, Marketing Team, Internal stakeholders, Retailers and Regional Managers) and includes brainstorming/sharing ideas and relaying requests. Interactions can be of a stressful or sensitive nature requiring diplomacy, conflict resolution, influencing and negotiation skills.
Complexity and Problem Solving: Problems encountered by this position may be non-routine although all relate to marketing. The issues encountered require analysis/creativity to resolve. For example: Vendor may pitch ideas that do not meet objectives. In this case it is important to handle each concept individually for the vendor to get a clear understanding of why that concept would not work and give ideas of how we can make it work.
Grand Touring Automobiles offers competitive compensation plans, top tier benefit plans, two new state of the art facilities and the opportunity to work with the most excusive brands in the automotive industry.
All applicants will be kept in strict confidence. The Grand Touring Automobiles Group is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodations for disability during the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application. While we thank all those that apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.