Careers at Grand Touring Automobiles
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Employment Status: Full Time
Grand Touring Automobiles is looking for a reliable Maintenance Technician to undertake upkeep and repair tasks at the interior or exterior of company premises including two locations. Grand Touring Automobiles will rely on the Maintenance Technician to keep the facilities in perfect condition by doing various odd jobs.
Deft hands and technical knowledge are important parts of a handyman’s arsenal. You must be well-organized with strong general repair skills. A keen eye for detail and physical stamina are valued greatly in this job.
- Daily inspection of the facility and lot to identify issues and needs
- Daily clean up of the lot (picking up garbage, sweeping etc)
- Perform maintenance and light repairs as needed: plumbing, electrical, machinery and equipment
- Change filters/light bulbs as necessary
- Perform routine landscaping on the grounds, arrange with vendors any landscaping needs
- Repair equipment or appliances
- Assist tradespeople with electrical, plumbing or HVAC repairs
- Arrange and assist with snow removal, salting the grounds
- Undertake duties as assigned or emergency tasks (e.g. shoveling snow)
- Identify and report the need for major repairs
- Regularly inspects property to ensure it is in good working order, and quickly resolves emergency maintenance issues.
- Supervise the staff on the job site (trades people, labourers, and cleaners)
- Assess any damage and estimate the extend of work required.
Card Access System
- Needs to understand the card access system in order to operate and monitor the system and also train the staff for the day to day operation of the card access system at each site.
- Has to be able to pull activity reports from the system and train staff at each site to do so if necessary.
Security Camera System
- All properties have extensive camera systems in place with which activity is recorded and stored for some time. This permits us to recall activity when an incident is reported later on.
- Has to be able to operate the system and train staff for the day to day operation of the system.
Lock and Key Systems
- Supervise the keying system and the lock maintenance.
- Deal with civil authorities (municipal, provincial, federal) when related to the building upkeep and maintenance.
- Driving parts truck if needed
- Driving/assisting with vehicle pick ups as needed
- Lot maintenance (parking vehicles)
- Vehicle cleaning
- Sourcing and evaluating suppliers
- Proven experience as handyman
- Scissor lift training (we will provide)
- Experience with hardware tools and electrical equipment
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing or HVAC systems
- Basic math skills
- Good communication ability
- Well-organized and apt in problem-solving
- Attention to detail
Grand Touring Automobiles offers competitive compensation plans, top tier benefit plans, two new state of the art facilities and the opportunity to work with the most excusive brands in the automotive industry.
All applicants will be kept in strict confidence. The Grand Touring Automobiles Group is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodations for disability during the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application. While we thank all those that apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We invite you to submit your resume for review and consideration by completing the Employment Application Form (see below), and selecting submit. Thank you.
* Indicates Mandatory Fields